Information Governance Advisor (Mid-Level)
Compensation: $99,875.00 - $76,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Information Governance Advisor (Mid-Level) for the San Antonio Home Office I or Remote.
Provides governance, quality, integrity and timeliness of operational data for the enterprise. Establishes and enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to best practices. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Participates in cross-functional teams in the development of information and data governance initiatives. Participates in the development of policies, principles, procedures, standards and metrics.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Synthesizes key information / data and research in order to recommend information governance initiatives that meet business goals.
- Develops information and data governance policies, guidelines, procedures and communications.
- Assist in conducting 'as is' assessment of information governance process and tools.
- Partners with internal groups and/or vendors to maintain complete and accurate meta data information using querying and other system tools to produce required reports.
- Anticipates, analyzes, and effectively resolves problems and issues; identifies when and how to escalate problems to the appropriate level.
- Responsible for acquiring and applying a broad-based knowledge of various lines of the business, channels, and their applications and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field. 4 years work experience in information governance, information management or information architecture can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required. OR A Master's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field OR A PhD in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field.
- If Bachelor's degree, 4 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting OR If Master's degree, 2 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting OR If PhD, 1 or more years experience Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience in a compliance/regulatory environment
- Experience with Agile methodology and tools (Rally/JIRA)
- Experience in enforcing and providing oversight for Information Governance standards like Metadata Management, Sensitive Data Management, Reference Data Management, Data Quality, Information Architecture, Reporting Standard
- Experience in reporting gaps and effectiveness of controls on compliance activities
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 7/01/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...