Business Intelligence Analyst II
Compensation: $70,140.00 - $165,400.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Purpose of Job
This posting is to become a part of the P&C Actuary and Analytics Information Delivery department on the AutoData team. Candidates will be given the opportunity to join in our mission to enable prompt, data-driven decisions through effective reporting, visualizations, and automation technologies.
In this position, candidates will gain in-depth knowledge of P&C analytical data sources and develop the necessary skills for retrieving data and building standardized reporting leveraging that data. He/she will be engaged in investigating and recommending solutions to data inquiries through effective communication with both business and IT partners as well as all levels of leadership throughout the enterprise.
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated passion for speed, quality, and service as well the technical aptitude to learn new or enhance existing report development experience.
Analyzes business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Gathers business requirements by defining the business problem and data requirements.
- Utilizes working knowledge of multiple data structures and sources to support the design, development and implementation of decision support solutions, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection.
- Partners with the business operations to ensure effective design of decision support solutions.
- Develops innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions.
- Partners with IT to support the design, alignment, and implementation of technical standards to address appropriate business solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Computer Science or a related discipline. technical field. Four years work experience in information management or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required. OR A Master's Degree in Math, Computer Science or a related discipline. OR A PhD in Math, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 2 or more years experience in data management or information technology function OR If Master's degree, Up to 2 years experience in data management or information technology function OR If PhD, 0 years experience in data management or information technology function.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Awareness or knowledge of data extraction/manipulation coding tools (i.e. SQL, NoSQL, Python, D3)
- Awareness or knowledge of data extraction tools? (i.e. SAS EG, Aginity, Trifacta)
- Awareness or knowledge of data visualization software? (i.e. Tableau)
- 1+ years P&C Product, Claims, or Underwriting experience
- Experience developing presentations and communications documents
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 6/25/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: business, business advisory, business analysis, business intelligence, business systems, consult, crm, sales, senior consultant, support analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...