Associate Systems Engineer
Compensation: $102,080.00 - $149,730.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
As an Associate Systems Engineer at SIG, you will get to work with the latest technologies in our multi-vendor enterprise environment consisting of more than 7000 servers and 18 petabytes of storage.
You will gain both knowledge and hands on experience across our diverse infrastructure through a rotation with our Windows, Linux, Virtual, Storage, and Network engineering teams. This will include change execution, issue management, problem resolution, request fulfillment, in depth project work, and exposure to the business drivers that fuel our technology growth. You will partner with our core technology and business teams to help build and deploy solutions and keep our environment running at peak performance. Our goal is to build well rounded technologists, familiar with multiple elements of our infrastructure, who can step in to advanced roles in our engineering organization in the future.
The shift for this role rotates between 7:00am-4:00pm, 9:00am-6:00pm and 12:00pm-9:00pm. Applicants must be willing to work these shifts.
What we're looking for
* 1-2 years of Windows, Unix/Linux, VMware or storage administration experience required
* Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related technical discipline required
* Knowledge of server-based operating systems required
* Experience with scripting a plus; Python or PowerShell preferred
* Knowledge of monitoring tools and practices is a plus
We don't post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintain, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...