Multi-Media Journalist | KAPP/KVEW TV | Yakima, WA/Kennewick, WA
KAPP/KVEW TV, your local ABC affiliate in the Yakima/Tri Cities market of Washington State, is part of Morgan Murphy Media. We are a family-owned, people first business and our communities are at the core of what we do and who we are.
About this opportunity:
KAPP/KVEW TV is seeking a motivated and innovative Multi-Media Journalist to join our newsroom. If you are a true storyteller who does not rely on press releases or officials for the news, then this job is for you! It is truly one of those jobs that will be what you make of it. We are looking for motivated individuals with a strong work ethic who are not afraid to hustle. In this job, you will do it all from shooting to writing to editing to reporting live in studio and in the field with the possibility of learning more than you ever have before. This position is for KVEW-TV in Kennewick, Washington. The fast-growing Tri-Cities area (Kennewick/Pasco/Richland) offers 300 days of sunshine and a great lifestyle for outdoorsy types. We are close to Northwest hotspots Spokane, Seattle and Portland.
What you'll do:
● Enterprise viable and compelling stories for newscasts, website and other platforms
● Shoot quality video with digital cameras and cell phones
● Shoot and edit your own videos
● Publish content and generate story ideas through social media platforms: Facebook,
● Create content and write stories for our website yaktrinews.com
● Travel 100 miles or more if required to cover story
● Maintain contacts and foster relationships in the community
● Fill in as editor as needed
● Fill in as producer as needed
● May be asked to go out into the community and represent KAPP/KVEW TV
What you'll bring:
● Two-year degree or equivalent work experience
● Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in journalism
● Sound editorial judgment and broad knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws
● Ability to work under extreme pressure and meet deadlines every day
● Team player mindset
● Ability to work with Edius video editing system
● Computer literacy, including iNews newsroom computer system
● Ability to lift and carry 15 pounds
● Conversational Spanish is a plus but not required
What KAPP/KVEW offers:
KAPP/KVEW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...