Compliance Analyst III- Transaction Monitoring & Reporting
Compensation: $95,935.00 - $76,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Compliance Analyst plays a crucial role by ensuring the business operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all group standards relating to anti-money laundering, counter financing of terrorism (AML), and fraud prevention. Additionally, the analyst is responsible for the investigation and identification of questionable activity and to report on such activity as warranted. The Compliance Analyst is expected to stay current with industry trends, fraud type trends, and to understand the operational impact to fraud losses and money laundering. This includes an in-depth knowledge of all regulatory changes and requirements related to the business.
* Review and analyze transactional data for potential suspicious activity, including those generated from an alert detection processes, subpoenas and warrants, country/corridor reviews, foreign and domestic agent matters, consumer network cases, negative media reports, as well as other sources as applicable.
* Work effectively with multiple complex data sources and/or technical analytical tools/resources to identify potentially unusual or suspicious activity as defined by AML/BSA regulations, and industry best practices for AML/BSA analysis. This includes (but is not limited to):
* Identifies, researches, and reports suspicious activity.
* Manages the investigative process from initial detection to disposition and filing.
* Thoroughly and timely reviews reports and other investigative leads that potentially identify suspicious activity.
* Formulates and recommends responses to potentially suspicious findings, reports such activity to the appropriate regulatory authorities, and supports MoneyGram's forward-looking risk-mitigation response.
* Completes all investigation outputs, which may include regulatory filing and other mitigation actions within required service level agreement (SLA) timelines.
* Actively support managers, supervisors, and senior analysts with moderately complex AML/Fraud investigations, while coordinating with team members and other departments to determine the proper course of action in handling potentially suspicious activity as required by applicable global regulatory, law enforcement or, Financial Intelligence Units.
* Write and file Suspicious Activity Reports and apply appropriate risk mitigation measures, while ensuring appropriate documentation of all research and analysis is conducted in accordance with applicable recordkeeping guidelines.
* Liaise with various internal departments as necessary.
* Work and contribute in a team-oriented and collaborative environment to improve the analytical and reporting processes.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* BA /BS in business, finance, law enforcement, legal studies, or a related field; may be substituted with equivalent work experience in Financial Services, Law Enforcement, Banking, or a related field.
* Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
* 2-5 years' experience in financial compliance investigations, Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud Prevention, or a related field.
* Investigations experience in a Money Service Business preferred.
* 1 year of experience in writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) or similar in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements preferred.
* CAMS of CFE certification preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of laws applicable to money laundering, including the BSA, USA Patriot act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements, and/or global AML/CFT/Fraud laws and regulations preferred.
* Some knowledge of domestic and international high risk countries, jurisdictions, and corridors of AML/CTF concern, preferred.
* Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a fast pace, highly structured, deadline driven culture.
* Excellent organization, strong time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize work assignments with changing priorities.
* Must be a self-starter with strong attention to detail.
* Must be able to work independently or in a team environment under minimum supervision.
* Able to multi-task and complete projects on time.
* Exceptional research and analytical, cross-referencing, and deductive reasoning skills.
* Excellent written and verbal skills necessary to interact and communicate with various levels of internal and external clients, up to and including senior leadership & law enforcement.
* Must be proactive in making process/procedure enhancement suggestions geared toward mitigating risk in an ever-changing regulatory environment.
* Able to communicate effectively with a culturally diverse agent and consumer base.
* Experience working with highly confidential information.
* Capable of sharing knowledge, mentoring, and training other team members.
* Have a solid business knowledge and comprehension of MoneyGram products and services globally.
* Strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...