Description of Primary Duties
1. Produces effective publications, from concept to delivery, by participating in project interviews, developing concepts and designs, assisting with or directing photo shoots and illustrations, making presentations to clients, producing proofs, and preparing files through desktop publishing.
2. Meets the client’s or department’s communication objectives through a thorough knowledge of type and design in order to develop concepts, sketches, or proofs and advising them of appropriate options to achieve their communication objectives.
3. Works within a team of writers, designers, photographers, and clients.
4. Operates within budgets and deadlines established for various publications by helping establish a project brief, following an established production schedule, preparing specifications for print vendors, preparing cost estimates, overseeing the print vendor bidding process, reviewing printer proofs, ordering mailing labels as needed and following USPS regulations, verifying that the assigned project is completed and ready to deliver, preparing an itemized bill for the client, and archiving the work electronically and in hard copy.
5. Creates printed and digital material within University brand standards by utilizing available desktop publishing software and becoming proficient in new software programs and versions.
6. Assists the supervisor or other staff by performing edits for various projects.
7. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
8. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, maintaining a current knowledge of desktop publishing, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the designated supervisor.
9. Contributes to the overall success of the department by assisting with the editing of print and electronic materials and performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
Education: A Bachelor’s degree with a major in Art or a related field is required. A Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with an emphasis in graphic design is preferred.
Experience: Either one year work experience in graphic design or a minimum of three semesters experience as a part-time student designer in a professional setting taking a publication from concept to delivery is required. Experience designing on a Macintosh computer using software packages such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and PhotoShop is required. Experience in a university setting is preferred.
Skills: Must demonstrate talent as a designer, including the ability to combine function and visual appearance to achieve successful communication. Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as good organizational and planning skills are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: The scope of the position occasionally requires working additional hours to meet deadlines. The position requires an extensive amount of time working at a computer work station.Additional Qualifications Link to Job Description http://www.missouristate.edu/human/jobdescriptions/21735.htm Open Date 02/28/2020 Close Date (If Close Date is blank then the posting is considered open until filled) * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...