Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God's love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Lutheran Crossings Enhanced Living, a senior care community located in desirable Moorestown (south Jersey), is currently seeking a Temporary Unit Clerk/Medical Supply Coordinator.
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, FROM 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Responsible for central supply and clerical support the nursing unit.
* Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God's love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
* Appropriately interacts with residents, responsible parties, family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non-health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner.
* Responsible for filing physician orders, and any pertinent resident information within the resident's file in a timely manner while adhering to strict resident confidentiality.
* Answer the telephone in a professional and couteous manner.
* Document all pertinent medical information in the electronic medical records (EMR) systems including VISION and RL6 event reporting while maintaining strict resident confidentially.
* While at the nurse's station, monitors residents call systems and resident safety bracelet alert system; alerts appropriate staff to respond.
* Assist with the coordination of resident transportation, as so directed.
* Order, label, and maintain Health Center nursing and operating inventory, and create and submit resident billing reports for supplies and equipment via Par Scan electronic supply chain system.
* Maintain central supply room and auxiliary supply closets.
* Provide printed reports to calculate purchase expenses.
* Audit invoices for accuracy and delineate areas in which supplies, equipment and staffing was utilized.
* Follows established policies and procedures.
* Assure that work area is clean and equipment, supplies, etc. are properly stored before leaving such area.
* Maintains a safe environment for residents, clients, employees, and visitors throughout the organization. Takes immediate action to correct unsafe conditions (i.e. wipes up spills, moves obstructions, etc.), reports broken substandard equipment to appropriate person immediately, removes broken equipment from service.
* Provide excellent internal and external customer service, serve as resident advocate.
* Explain procedures to residents and informs of delays or changes.
* Demonstrate efficient use of time.
* Resolve resident, vendor or staff concerns by taking prompt active steps. Work at resolution of a problem until all parties are satisfied.
* Manage assets within the employee's control, including equipment, supplies, staff and other services requiring expenditures.
* Obtain authorization from DON or Executive Director for any non-routine supplies and equipment.
* Responsible for or assists staff with admissions, transfers and emergencies within the continuum of care.
* Practice Standard Precautions; practices safe and proper handling and disposal of all infected materials, equipment and linens and enforces staff compliance.
* Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
* Adheres to the Organization's Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
* Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
* Adheres to the Organization's Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
* Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.