Lutheran Crossings Enhanced Living, a senior care community located in desirable Moorestown (south Jersey), is currently seeking a Full-Time RN Unit Manager!
Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by Fortune Magazine!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God's love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Manages and assumes 24-hour responsibility and accountability for resident care on assigned unit. Manages the unit in accordance with policies and procedures, State and Federal regulations to promote high quality care and service.
Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God's love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
Maintains positive communication and teamwork interdepartmentally.
* Actively demonstrates facility philosophy with staff, residents, families and community with positive attitude and actions.
* Actively demonstrates formulation of organizational standards and policies.
* Plans implements and evaluates change at unit level while maintaining standards of care on unit per facility policy.
* Holds staff accountable for compliance with facility/department and unit rules and policies. Holds nursing staff accountable for providing resident care and pertinent documentation.
* Researches methods of resident care and unit organization; consistently evaluates and revises current clinical practices as indicated.
* Evaluates resident care through assessments, planning, intervention, re-evaluation, documentation, observation and comparison to established standards.
* Provides direct nursing care when needed, administers medication/treatment upon order of a physician; provides proper entry and execution of physician order.
* Completes MDS timely/accurately and performs all pertinent assessments.
* Controls the counting of narcotics and provide for accurate syringe count.
* Completes daily rounds to assess residents and evaluate the effectiveness of care.
* Meets all deadlines as assigned by DON/Administrator, attends all meetings or programs as directed by DON/Administrator.
* Alerts DON/Administrator to potential issues or problems.
* Maintains appropriate attendance adhering to supervisory requirements as directed by DON/Administrator.
* Assists with meal time delivery at one resident meal time daily or as directed by the DON.
* Directly responsible for monthly assessments on each resident.
* Actively participates in the QI program.
* Maintains accurate documentation of acuities and reports monthly to the DON.
* On-call every 4 ? 6 weekends for staffing/nursing issues.
* Investigates resident occurrences and follows up on computerized occurrence software.
* Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
* Adheres to the Organization's Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
* Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
* Adheres to the Organization's Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
* Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.