Job Summary:Prepares and broadcasts news coverage.
• Gathers and verifies factual information through interviews, observation and research.
• Monitors sources for breaking news, e.g., wires and social media.
• Plans, writes, edits, and voices news broadcasts.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion.
• Repackages content from producers and field reporters for newscasts.
• Identifies technical equipment and resource requirements for recording interviews and other audio material.
• May produce features and interviews as assigned.
• May specialize in a particular field of news broadcasting (e.g. political, traffic, finance or military).
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of subjects/events related to on-air topics
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 3+ years’ experience in on-air journalism in smaller market or college station
• 4-year college degree preferred.
• None required
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...