- ESF Summer Camps
- $53,460.00 -96,490.00/year*
Hospitality - Lodging/Resort/Travel
809 Golf View Rd
Are you looking for the best summer job ever? Look no further because ESF is hiring 50+ Tennis Coaches to work across our locations from mid-June through mid-August!
Join our mission-driven team for a fun and rewarding summer! Make a positive impact on children while receiving comprehensive training, professional development, unique resume building and networking opportunities. ESF offers competitive compensation, accredited internships and field work hours for graduate and undergraduate students, CEU credits for teachers, flexible schedules, year-round aftercare, mentoring opportunities and an employee referral program consisting of bonuses and ESF gear!
What will you do all summer (in addition to having fun with your campers and fellow team members)? A Tennis Coach is responsible for:
* Supervising campers [ages six (6) to fifteen (15)]
* Actively participating in all camp activities
* Providing a safe and fun learning environment and serving as a positive role model
ESF is hiring motivated leaders with prior experience supervising children who believe in ESF's mission, build positive relationships and ensure the well-being of others.
Position Scope Factors
Tennis Coach hours are from 8:30am-3:40pm; Monday - Friday. Start and end times may vary depending on the location and camp. Tennis Coaches also have the opportunity to work extended hours for additional income. Depending on the location, Tennis Coaches work up to ten (10) consecutive weeks from mid-June through mid-August.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Supervise a group of campers focusing on behavior management, safety, security, and personal/skill development
* Coach, manage, referee or assist with Tennis Camp programs
* Work effectively with other Coaches and collaborate on daily responsibilities
* Promote and actively participate in all camper activities
* Complete assigned paperwork
* Serve as a positive role model to campers
* Exhibit ESF Core Values at all times and to adhere to all company policies
* Have fun
* Other responsibilities as assigned
Position Competencies for Success
* Understand and support the mission of the organization
* Commit to the growth and development of youth
* Work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner
* Demonstrate outstanding communication skills; using clear, concise and professional language when interacting with campers, camp families and colleagues
* Be responsible, reliable and safe
* Always have a positive, can-do attitude
* Be patient, caring and creative
* Produce consistent, high-quality work
* Demonstrate excellent judgment; identify problems and work quickly to find solutions
* Be a flexible, adaptive and a team player
* Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
* Prior experience working with children, examples include but are not limited to; teaching, coaching, babysitting, academic/athletic tutoring, camp counselor, youth volunteer, classroom assistant, etc.
* Previous camp experience preferred
* Tennis experience preferred
* Previous experience playing high school, club or college sports preferred
* Minimum of eighteen (18) years of age
* Enrolled in or successfully completed an education-related or child-related major/course of study preferred
* Reports directly to the Camp Director. May also take direction from and is overall accountable to the Site Director.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
* Push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds across campus
* Work outside, upright and mobile for six (6) to eight (8) hours per day
* Respond to emergency situations which may include running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and ascending stairs without undue exertion
* Possess physical capacity to fulfill all essential job functions - responsibilities listed above
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Associated topics: activity, adventure, day camp, host, lakefront, resident, school, student, vacation, youth
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...