Responsible for designing and developing new software solutions. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Helps with maintaining and augmenting existing software.
Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Provides guidance and support to other Engineers. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent, Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
- Understand and follow best practices for software development
- Strong knowledge of any high-level programming languages like Java, Python, Scala or C++
- Strong knowledge of Operating System concepts and experience in working on Linux environments
- Experience with big data analysis and development is strongly preferred
- Ability to work with Geographically distributed teams
- Knowledge of Networking principles
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
Loading some great jobs for you...