Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The VP of Global IT Procurement is responsible for leading and managing the Global IT Procurement team in all IT spend categories. This team is responsible for sourcing and supplier management of all IT suppliers, with particular focus on Chubb's strategic IT providers. The VP of Global IT Procurement acts as the key contact and subject matter expert for all procurement-related activities for the global IT organization. This includes providing expert advice with strategic sourcing events and providing guidance in negotiating contract business terms in collaboration with the Chubb Contracts team. This individual is also a key player working with business stakeholders to ensure that their requirements are met and risk is properly managed. This position requires occasional international and domestic travel in support of the global IT procurement function.
* Develop a very clear mission, vision and guiding principles for the organization to align with the IT and business strategy. * Ensure the development and maturity of key procurement competencies, such as business relationship management, best practices for negotiating, and overseeing contract terms and conditions. * Develop technology procurement talent. Conduct succession planning, training and mentoring of direct reports to drive high performance team results.
2. Technology procurement strategy:
* Develop the (global) IT procurement strategy that is aligned with the overall corporate IT and business strategy priorities, and translate IT and Operations imperatives into IT procurement targets. * Set and attain the IT procurement metric targets with a combination of financial and nonfinancial deliverables that drive best total value for Chubb. * Promote/communicate the importance of IT procurement to the organization's senior executive team and develop an action plan to evolve procurement into a strategic business function.
3. Technology procurement market intelligence and communication skills:
* Maintain a thorough understanding of technology market trends * Demonstrate the ability to provide proactive, high-value sourcing consultation to the business through thorough understanding of the business needs * Possess well-developed communication skills to craft and deliver the appropriate messages to stakeholders at all levels of the organization, driving for valued business partner status * Demonstrate the ability to build informal networks and informal feedback loops for more-effective communication
4. Technology procurement analytics
* Build an effective data-driven culture. * Support the development of data-centric skills, such as data analytics, business case development, data visualization and data presentation. * Have knowledge and experience with the tools required to capture relevant data and information. * Support team training and continuous improvement, along with team and individual KPIs. * Sponsor and initiate process improvement projects to improve procurement service delivery to exceed internal stakeholder satisfaction and requirements.
6. Supplier relationship management program:
* Participate in the establishment of strategic technology supplier management programs across the enterprise. * Support the management of emerging suppliers through effective supplier due diligence and risk assessment/management. * Monitor and support key strategic technology supplier relationships, including contract and conflict resolution.
Education and Experience
* A bachelor's degree in business or other management discipline, such as supply chain management. An advanced business degree is desired. * Seven to ten years' experience with negotiating and managing contract life cycles, with an emphasis on technology or IT service agreements * Experience in managing large complex contracts in one or more IT categories, including hardware, software and services * Experience working with all key departments (security, compliance, finance, and legal), and knowledge of procurement and vendor management practices * Knowledge of IT concepts and systems
Knowledge and Skill
* Demonstrated leadership, including team leadership and organizational skills, in a cross-cultural environment in a job with a similar level of responsibility * Current knowledge of the global technology products and services market and its trends * Deep knowledge of the use of technology procurement tools and an interest in driving automation and innovation in procurement process * Strong negotiation skills and stakeholder influence skills * Knowledgeable in financial management, technology contract terms and legal issues * Executive presence and comfort interacting with both internal and external senior leaders * Excellent interpersonal communications and presentation skills at the senior executive level * Strong teambuilding skills * Orientation towards high levels internal customer service * Analytical and process-oriented * Superb problem-solving and relationship-building skills in complex supplier and internal customer relationship environments
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.