- $74,690.00 -116,160.00/year*
Financial Services - Insurance
122 Church St
Team Lead, Underwriting- Defense Base Act
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Develops and executes the Foreign Casualty/DBA growth and business unit strategies for the National Defense Base Act Group. ,This position will work with various support centers of Chubb Casualty to coordinate their efforts toward achieving profitable underwriting results for the business unit. These units include Operations, Claims, Actuarial, Loss Control and all other Chubb NA underwriting units.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Position will be responsible for the following activities:
* Business plan -- executes business plan/strategy to achieve financial results in the areas of profit, growth and expense.
* Monitoring of results -- proactively manages and monitors results and key performance indicators to achieve desired results.
* Staff -- responsible for the hiring and the development of business unit staff.
* Performance management -- manages the performance management process for the business unit.
UNDERWRITING PROCESSES, PROCEDURES, ETC:
* Underwriting referrals - manages referral process for business unit. Refers risks falling outside of authority to senior leadership as appropriate.
* Underwriting policy - assists with the development and communication of underwriting policies and procedures for business unit.
* Audit -- manages and monitors audit process for business unit. Ensures business unit is operating within established underwriting processes, procedures, etc.
* Broker/Agent management - in collaboration with Global Casualty Management, National Segment Leader, and Regional Executive, executes a distribution strategy that drives profitable growth.
Education & Experience:
* Minimum of 7 Years Underwriting Experience
* Business Acumen
* High Level of Product Knowledge including:
* Exposure Analysis
* Form & Coverages
* Rating Principles and Mechanics
* Negotiation & Presentation Skills
* Experience with Broker Relations & Customer Management
* Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skill
* Basic Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...