122 Church St
SVP, Global Procurement
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Reporting to the Global Administrative Officer, the SVP, Global Procurement is accountable for the strategy and performance of approximately $2.4B of purchased goods & services as well as the governance of the Source to Pay process. This position will interact closely with the senior leaders of the company in the development of a globally aligned highly effective procurement organization. This role will drive the strategic transformation of the Procurement organization to be focused on being a critical partner in driving value for the business. This includes driving the change from a decentralized approach to a center-led organization focused on category management, strategic sourcing and regional business partnership.
The successful candidate will be a visionary procurement leader and change agent who will drive procurement transformation strategy to align with a reframed global operating model. S/he will focus on continuous improvement and development of the source to pay organization and its people, ensuring the relevant KPIs to measure the group's progress are met, and then instituting the key initiatives necessary to deliver the results.
CHUBB requires a proven procurement executive who has successfully led a procurement transformation to globalize procurement to achieve highly efficient performance. S/he will have demonstrated the ability to align the organization and strategy of the function to the broader corporate goals.
The successful candidate will have led globally dispersed teams across multiple categories, including various indirect spends with a proven track record of talent development and building high performance, multi-cultural leadership teams.
A minimum of 15 years of progressive leadership experience within a multi-national company is required. Experience in financial services industry and strong technology background is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have strong global knowledge with demonstrated ability to respond to global changes in the marketplace. Knowledge of both price and consumptions savings levers and risk management will be expected.
* Strategic Orientation: Strategic with ability to understand complex sourcing, proactively plan for new industry trends, and implement game-changing initiatives which differentiate CHUBB in this market. The right candidate has a strategic understanding of the business in general, but specifically of sourcing, risk, and quality. S/he is analytical, able to identify emerging trends, frame the right questions, and create realistic and financially sound visions for all functions. The successful candidate has also demonstrated the ability to translate the strategies into actionable roadmaps and plans. As a senior leader in the Global Operations team, s/he is expected to make significant contributions to the broader CHUBB corporate strategy over time.
* Collaboration and Influencing: It is vital that the executive demonstrate the ability to build trust and value-based collaborative relationships in a matrix environment with different stakeholders. S/he therefore needs to be a strong communicator, able to listen, challenge and give constructive feedback to peers and other business leaders. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work across functions and business groups as part of a senior management team. S/he will put broad business objectives before personal objectives and will be a team player with an open management style. The successful candidate will have a natural tendency to seek the input and buy-in of key executives throughout the organization in formulating such ideas and plans. S/he will bring people together across the globe to achieve results as a team and share best practices. S/he will be able to develop strong relationships and able to work creatively with various partners.
* Results Orientation: Ability to deliver consistent results; process-oriented, data-driven, rigorous, and captures \"the last penny\"; knows the details of the business; a true champion of world-class operations standards and approaches. The successful candidate is able to set stretch targets and deliver against them, accepting full personal responsibility for goals and results. S/he will have demonstrated personal commitment and drive to set and then meet or exceed high standards and objectives. It is important that the candidate bring a sense of urgency, resilience in changing environments, and the willingness to challenge constantly the status quo.
* Team Leadership: The successful candidate must be capable of creating direction for the function through effective team leadership. The ideal candidate will be someone that can create a high-performing team dynamic with proven success doing so within a globally dispersed team. S/he empowers teams to identify and solve problems and creates a clear sense of identity among the group. The candidate will energize and motivate the organization around both near-term priorities and longer-term strategies. Also, s/he must bring a proven ability to attract, develop, and retain talent which will be critical in taking the organization to the next level.
This Executive will be innovative and agile, but at the same time a 'grounded' and pragmatic leader. The successful candidate will also be a role model for his/her organization and peers in holding to the highest ethical and performance-oriented standards.
The position is based in Philadelphia, PA
Domestic and International travel approximately 15-20%
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: commodity, distribution, inventory, procure, purchasing manager, raw material, sap, subcontract, supplier, turnaround
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...