- $74,730.00 -113,690.00/year*
122 Church St
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
RELATIONSHIP & SCOPE
Chubb is seeking a qualified candidate to join the company located in Philadelphia, PA. The position will generally report to Financial Control Unit management and will be responsible for performing quality assurance reviews of balance sheet account reconciliations set up on BlackLine's Accounting & Matching software as part of a global implementation project. This position will be instrumental in evaluating the quality of reconciliations set up on the new tool prior to each go-live date. Where implementations involve SOX, it will ensure compliance with such controls prior to \"cut-over\" to the new control environment. Where implementations do not involve SOX, it will ensure global policies and standards are consistent across all functions/regions. This candidate will interact with a diverse group of internal personnel, including other financial professionals, technology experts, and functional staff to support the global project.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Role will support Chubb's project to implement BlackLine Account Reconciliation and Matching software across the company.
* Position will be part of the Financial Control Unit supporting the various rollouts of accounts onto BlackLine.
* Quality assurance reviews will be performed on a sample of each rollout to ensure the following:
* Compliance with Global Account Reconciliation Policy
* A completed account profile exists which should include purpose of account, normal debits and credits, volume of transactions, etc.
* The reconciliation procedures and/or instructions clearly answer: What? When? Who? Why? How Much?
* Reconciling items are being aged
* Clear and complete explanations that any reasonably informed person would be able to understand exist
* Documentation supports the balance and is not just a repeat of the general ledger or a roll-forward of the balance
* Proper use of balance classifications/statuses (reconciled, timing difference, unreconciled, etc.)
* Action plans are completed when required per regional guidelines
* Use of standard templates for the various types of reconciliations for consistency and ease of reviewing for accuracy and completeness.
* Reconciliations are reviewed and appropriately signed off by preparer and reviewer/approver
* Communication of results will be provided to the leaders of each rollout to ensure remediation efforts are made to improve the account reconciliations prior to each go-live period.
* Enhancements and efficiency improvements will be captured for future consideration and implementations
* Bachelor's degree required; Accounting concentration strongly preferred
* Public Accounting experience and/or CPA designation a plus
* 5 years in progressively responsible roles with familiarity in operational, financial, and quality assurance procedures
* Insurance industry experience beneficial, but not necessary
* Experience with Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations desired
* Previous BlackLine experience desired
* Experience in a PeopleSoft ERP or similar ERP environment preferred
* Mastery of end user applications (e.g., Microsoft products such as Excel/Word/Access)
* Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
* Ability to work effectively across organizational areas and levels
Required Personal Skills:
* Team player with customer service orientation required
* Professional attitude, appearance and demeanor
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
* Ability to identify priorities and manage time efficiently
* Strong time management and organization skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Enthusiastic self-starter
* Demonstrates integrity and dedication
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...