- $74,730.00 -113,690.00/year*
122 Church St
Support U.S. GAAP consolidation and reporting for Chubb Overseas General. This includes reviewing foreign field office submissions, addressing accounting issues, analyzing intercompany transactions, and recording and supporting elimination entries. Additionally, support the Chubb International Financial Reporting management team with monthly analytics and reconciliations, currency translation adjustments, journal entry preparation and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support the ongoing efforts to ensure that affiliated balance sheet relationships remain in balance and reconciled. This will entail ensuring that operational issues are addressed on a timely basis along with facilitating the ongoing communications between concerned affiliated parties.
* Assist and eventually manage the foreign exchange reporting process. Specifically, the individual will need to gain an understanding and application of foreign exchange principals such as re-measurement and translation for the entire group of companies.
* Provide detailed analysis and support for various quarterly IRP reporting schedules used to consolidate Chubb's externally reported results.
* Assist in the review of the local statutory to U.S. GAAP semi-annual Balance Sheet and Income Statement reconciliations. Link analytics back to monthly review analysis and local capital modeling, and evaluate impacts.
* Support Chubb International's Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts, including oversight for the annual updates to SOX process narratives, key control re-assessments, walkthroughs with internal and external auditors, controls testing, and the quarterly attestation process for senior management.
* Prepare journal entries as directed and required.
* Support special projects aligned with segment priorities.
* Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance - Required
* 5-8 years of Accounting/Financial Reporting experience - Required
* CPA or MBA - Preferred
* P&C insurance accounting experience - Preferred
* Public accounting or Internal Audit experience - Preferred
* Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts - Preferred
* Experience with PeopleSoft or another financial general ledger system
* Must have strong oral & written communication skills, to articulate issues / recommendations to all levels of Chubb's organization in both written and verbal forms.
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
* Results oriented. Demonstrates strong sense of urgency and has proven record of meeting deadlines* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...