The IT Business Insights team is part of the Information Management department. The mission of the team is to provide employees and partners with insights about Chubb businesses. This position will have responsibilities to develop and maintain solutions to meet their needs. The position requires someone with 5-7 years of working experience in QlikView / Qlik Sense development.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Perform detailed analysis of source systems and source system data and model that data in QlikView / Qlik Sense Design, develop, and test QlikView / Qlik Sense scripts to import data from source systems and test QlikView / Qlik Sense dashboards to meet customer requirements * Create and maintain technical design documentation * Perform quality coding to business and technical specifications * Insure that the QlikView / Qlik Sense server process continues to run and operate in the most efficient manner * Perform QlikView / Qlik Sense testing of releases and patches with applications * Work directly with business units to define and prototype QlikView / Qlik Sense Applications * Extracting, transforming and loading data from multiple sources into QlikView / Qlik Sense applications * Monitoring and maintenance of all components that make up the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence infrastructure * Design, create and tune physical database objects (tables, views, indexes) to support logical and dimensional models; Maintain the referential integrity of the database * Provide input on proposing, evaluating and selecting appropriate design alternatives which meet client requirements and are consistent with client's current standards and processes. * Candidate will be responsible for coordinating work with offshore development team on day to day basis
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
* Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a matrixed team environment. * Strive to promote strong cross-team and cross-area collaboration through open dialogue and cooperation. * Be invested in the success of all team members and always ready to support and assist. * Help to foster positive morale and team collaboration in the Business Insights team. * Experience working with offshore developers/team members a plus
* Advocate and promote Business Insights standards, processes and tools. * Share industry and market intelligence as well as digital technology research and trends. * Act as a subject matter expert in relevant areas of digital technology and provide consultative support to team members, business partners, and other corporate groups.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or related discipline.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.