- $65,090.00 -95,690.00/year*
Financial Services - Insurance
122 Church St
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Outside Property Adjuster/Claim Specialist is responsible for investigating; settling high exposure, high risk property claims. Ensure high level of customer service and claim file quality.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Confirms coverage of claims by reviewing policies and documents submitted in support of claims.
* Analyzes coverage and communicates coverage positions, as warranted, under direction of supervisor.
* Conducts, coordinates, and directs investigation into loss facts.
* Directs and monitors assignments to experts.
* Evaluates proper scope of repairs and creates estimates.
* Sets reserves within authority or makes claim recommendations concerning reserve changes to supervisor.
* License to adjust property claims in local territory (if required).
* Experience using Xactimate or Symbility software estimating platforms.
* Ability to physically inspect losses, including platforms of various heights.
* Handle 20 to 25 new claim files per month
* Maintain pro-active diary on all files
* Carry a pending consisting of 30 to 40 claims
* Assists on catastrophes nationally as needed.
* Travels to conferences, mediations, and trials as necessary.
This position reports to a Property Claim Supervisor.
* Minimum of 1 year of Property claim handling experience.
* College degree or equivalent business experience.
* Ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources.
* Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
* Ability to deal with customers in a professional manner.
* Authoritative knowledge of the company's coverage, products, services, and liabilities.
* Ability to self-motivated and self-start.
* Ability to make independent decisions using best practices for guidance.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal, negotiation and customer service skills.
* Capable of dealing with highly visible and demanding customers.
* Must be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Minimum 1 years of personal lines homeowners outside adjusting experience.
* Coverage/contract knowledge
* Strong analytical and investigative skills;
* Good verbal and written communication skills, including large-group presentation skills
* High level of competency with common workplace computer technology - e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
* Four-year college degree or equivalent experience required.
* A construction background, knowledge or training in law, and additional insurance claims specific designation(s), such as
SCLA, AIC, are helpful.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: auto, automobile, claim examiner, claim investigator, fraud, insurance, investigate, investigation, liability, liability adjuster
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...