- $76,763.33 -125,470.00/year*
122 Church St
This is an entry level Data Analyst position that will analyze and certify data, troubleshoot data issues, promote data quality and assist in the delivery of key projects in support of Chubb's data warehousing (DW) and business intelligence (BI) initiatives. S/he directly supports data integration efforts (within the data warehouse, data marts, ad-hoc queries, and data services) by providing services that ensure Chubb is aligning IT efforts with business information needs. The person selected will learn multiple facets of a data warehouse project, including but not limited to Data Analysis, Business Analysis, and Data Quality Assurance. The intent is to develop a junior data analyst to become a well-rounded data warehouse IT professional.
The Data Analyst position requires a hard working person who has an ability to think analytically.
Data Analyst Essential Job Functions
* Support strategy delivery through current system analysis, data profiling, data collection, etc.; Analyze data to validate business needs, understand gaps, quality concerns, etc.
* Utilize data and analytics abilities to deliver high quality information solutions
* Create test scenarios, develop test plans, and test/validate data. Analyze results.
* Work with large sets of data that require analysis, validation and cleansing using various tools such as SQL queries, Microsoft Excel
* Review, document and resolve data issues with the team.
* Convey problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers and management.
* Develop and maintain clear and succinct documentation.
* Participate in data quality reviews and resolve data quality problems.
* Reconcile multiple data sources.
* Extract data from database using SQL scripts for analysis purposes.
* Perform various QA functions within the team
* Provide strong support in cultivating an environment that encourages the use of data to support problem solving, critical thinking, and innovation.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* 0-4 years relevant work experience
* Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business, Information Systems or Insurance
* Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities
* Excellent written/verbal skills
* Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word required. MS Project a plus.
* Ability to interact well with various levels of the organization
* Ability to quickly learn project processes and their incorporation into the tools utilized.
* Orientation toward details
* Works successfully in a team environment and independently
* Ability to quickly adapt to change
Associated topics: data architect, data center, data engineer, data integrity, data manager, database, database administrator, etl, erp, sybase
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...