- $92,960.00 -188,020.00/year*
Financial Services - Insurance
122 Church St
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Introduction & Key Objective
The Global Casualty Home Office Finance team is a dedicated group of professionals who provide actionable information to executives and senior managements on a timely basis. We currently have an excellent opportunity in our Philadelphia office for an experienced MIS professional in the role of MIS/Financial Reporting.
In this key role, the selected individual will work within Global Casualty Management and Alternative Risk Solutions business units for their reporting needs and develop and implement solutions. This individual is responsible for designing and maintaining reports, processes, defining business requirements for new information, plus interact with the supporting units Chubb Receivables and Collections Management (CRCM), Program Adjustment Unit (PAU), Richmond Operations Center (ROC), and IT. This position will require VBA and SQL Server programming in order to support all reporting aspects of MIS which includes financial, underwriting, actuarial, account service, and claims related databases for this multi-billion dollar group of property and casualty insurance companies.
This is an excellent programming and reporting opportunity to experience and learn all facets of insurance operations.
Chubb Global Casualty (CGC)
The largest operating division of Chubb Major Accounts, CGC offers a wide range of casualty risk management products designed specifically to help mid to large size companies deal with the significant costs of financing risk.
Chubb Alternative Risk Solutions (CARS)
An operating division in Chubb Global Casualty, CARS is a leader in alternative risk transfer, engaged in the business of insurance, reinsurance and financial products to provide solutions for risks associated with credit exposures, asset valuation, asset financing, liability management and other miscellaneous financial risk and market exposures.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
* Define, update, and maintain business requirements for new and existing information processed through the financial, underwriting, actuarial, account service, and claims databases
* VBA and SQL Server programming at the end-user interface to support all MIS reporting for CGC and CARS; aspects of MIS reporting include financial, underwriting, actuarial, account service, and claims data reporting.
* Design and maintain the monthly financial reporting process; ensure that all results are recorded accurately.
* Support the finance organization in the budgeting, planning and forecasting processes.
* Support the Claims organization in reporting and oversight.
* Provide program specific loss reporting, loss registration and loss monitoring.
* Assist in data gathering and extrapolation for certain actuarial exercises
* Provide premium reporting for certain product lines
* Support Claims Service Fees Reporting.
* Perform other ad-hoc reporting in support of individuals in the business unit.
* Proficient in MS Access database development and VBA programming.
* Develop, and modify SQL Queries to extract data from SQL Server database.
* Knowledge of writing advanced queries, stored procedures and functions in SQL.
* Understand SQL data tables and structures to efficiently extract, load and transform multiple datasets.
* Identify, evaluate and resolve data quality issues.
* Knowledge of advanced MS Excel functions
* Develop, modify and maintain advanced MS Excel VBA modules.
* Knowledge of object oriented programming.
* Must be eager to learn all aspects of the insurance business.
* Understanding of Commercial Property & Casualty and Risk Management business processes and Risk Management.
* Cognos a plus.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: actuarial, actuarial analyst, actuarial assistant, actuarial consultant, actuarial director, assistant actuary, director actuary, investment actuary, mathmatics, model
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...