122 Church St
About the company:
Westchester is one of the largest and most diverse excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance companies in the United States. Focused on the wholesale distribution channel, Westchester provides innovative specialty products for property, specialty casualty, environmental, professional risk, inland marine, product recall, small business, binding and programs. The business is further distinguished by exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence and superior claims handling expertise.
Westchester is a company of Chubb, the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
The Duck Creek Architect/Technical Lead is a key resource with architecture, design, development, break fix, performance, and solution capabilities. The resource will lead a team of developers, business partners and other IT functions to build and deliver business capabilities.
The Duck Creek Architect/Technical Lead will:
* Provide thought leadership and develop solutions for complex problems related to Westchester Duck Creek Policy administration platform and its eco system.
* Assist and guide project teams in designing the solutions for highly visible projects.
* Support the Duck Creek platform related activities, coordinates with other teams as needed, and reports to Portfolio manager.
* Works with vendor partners and guides them to deliver the projects with high quality.
* Implement Duck Creek best practices and standards.
Summary of responsibilities:
* Working with the business stakeholders, business analysts, and team members, to provide technical solutions to the platform enhancements, change requests, and defects.
* Estimate the work effort required for the new project initiatives, enterprise wide initiatives, and releases.
* Lead and oversee a team of developers in achieving the development objectives and meeting the coding standards.
* Develop and maintain Duck Creek assets as required to support a business change, feature request or a defect fix.
* Implement development best practices.
* Code management, branching, and merging using TFS and Visual studio.
* Act as a Single Point of Contact in identifying performance bottlenecks and resolve the high severity issues to keep the platform always available and stable.
* Act as a liaison between different teams (internal and external teams), integration partners, and contribute in solutions.
* Advanced technical troubleshooting, diagnosing, and problem solving skills.
* Keep abreast of latest technologies and participate in designing innovative, cutting edge software solutions.
* Bachelors or Master's Degree in IT or computer science related.
* 10 years of IT experience and 5 years preferably in the P&C Insurance domain
* Well versed in Duck Creek Architecture and working experience in Duck Creek Policy versions 5.x/6.x.
* Hands-on experience of Duck Creek Policy Administration components like Express, Server, TransAct, Forms etc.
* Hands-on experience in utilizing example debugging tools: Trace Monitor, EmapleUtil, TSV Debugger, Data Tester.
* Hands-on experience in building integrations using C# to develop custom components
* Experience in using SQL to perform database operations; Working knowledge of stored procedures.
* Willingness and desire to learn the latest technologies.
* Understanding of Agile delivery, Scrum, and Kanban techniques (nice-to-have).
* Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal communication).
Associated topics: .net, application architect, back end, design pattern, develop, expert, java, lead, php, senior
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...