- $83,690.00 -125,470.00/year*
122 Church St
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The position is for a Data Engineer.
* Minimum five years' experience of working as a hands-on analyst in Insurance Data space preferably Analytics or Actuarial area. In-depth knowledge of P&C Insurance Data. Certification(s) in Data, BI, P&C Underwriting, Claims Management or Actuarial Science is highly desirable, but not necessary.
* Understanding of P&C insurance processes, risk data attributes and concepts such as Limits, Exposure bases, Coverages, Packaged, Rating Factors, etc. Experienced in identifying, capturing, profiling & analyzing data from multiple sources (internal and external).
* Skilled in identifying remediation solutions for addressing data issues. Experience in documenting data capture requirements, source to target mappings, data flow diagrams, entity relationships and complex data models. Experienced in translating business needs into systems requirements including rating systems, reports, dashboards and scorecards with minimal or no supervision.
* Experience in creating complex data extracts, writing analytical functions and complex SQL queries. Should be able to create data-sets in SAS or other tools, pulling from multiple sources including Big Data Platforms, Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, XML, and Flat Files.
* Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Visual Basic, etc. along with Base SAS, SQL, RDBMS, Dimensional Modelling (snowflakes, star schema) and hands on experience of ETL tools like Informatica and SSIS is preferred. Must have hands-on experience with data visualization and reporting tools such as QlikView/Sense, Power BI, Excel and Cognos.
* Experience in coordinating and leading data improvement projects, including data quality assessments, data fix and standardization to support portfolio segmentation and profitability analysis. Skilled in identifying work breakdowns, detail tasks vs. milestones, developing estimates, and reporting progress. Experience of working in an internal consultant capacity to identify leading and trailing business indicators for advanced reporting and developing action oriented dashboards.
A strong candidate will have global experience of implementing data and analytics projects, including leading off-shore & off-site teams.
This role will be responsible for delivery of key projects including Cyber data repositories, Financial Lines analytics, External data integration, Enterprise Risk Reporting, Risk Aggregation. The role will also represent data and analytics division at executive level board meetings.
* In-depth understanding of Architecture of different Databases (Netezza & Oracle) preferred.
* Advance SQL skills
* Data profiling using complex SQLs
* Data Modeling, Warehouse, and Unstructured Data Skills
* Advance PL SQL and T SQL skills.
* Years of hands on Experience working with multiple databases.
* Advance knowledge of data warehousing approaches and principles.
* Advance understanding of RDBMS.
* Understanding data flow and business logic.
* Ensuring SQL is fine tuned for performance.
* Understand business requirement and converting them to technical requirement and then writing pseudo codes and flow charts.
* In-Depth knowledge or Data warehousing concepts.
* Experience with data profiling
* Clear and concise communication.
* Ability to reduce ambiguity in requirements and communication.
* High degree of collaboration skills
* P&C Domain knowledge
* Problem-solving skills
* Can-do attitude
* Experience working with Data quality enforcement and governance
* Advance knowledge of Data warehousing and Business Intelligence.
* Advance development and design skills using various reporting tools; like Cognos and Qlikview
* Skill with publishing and automatic refresh of reports.
* Ready to learn new technologies and tools
* Knowledge of Big-Data and Python
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: data administrator, data analyst, data analytic, data architect, data engineer, data management, data quality, data scientist, data warehouse, erp
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...