- $80,193.33 -130,350.00/year*
122 Church St
The Data Analytics Group serves as a key resource in building and executing on CHUBB's Business Information Strategies, working closely with stakeholders, decision makers and business leaders to support business decisions through innovative solutions.
This role directly supports CHUBB's goal of becoming an Information-Driven organization by aligning analytics with business information needs. By answering core business questions through such techniques as data mining, pattern detection, graphical or statistical analysis, as well as by utilizing innovative solutions and capabilities for rapid delivery of business insights, CHUBB will achieve greater business value from its vast data stores.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker who proposes innovative ways to use broker data/information for increased business value. This candidate must:
* Have a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and programming knowledge (i.e. Python, Qlik, R, SQL, VBA, etc.)
* Know how to access and utilize varied data sets to evaluate hypotheses and to solve business problems.
* Be able to validate findings using experimental and iterative/agile approaches.
* Be able to share assumptions and conclusions in a clear structured manner and in a way that is easily understood by business partners.
* Insurance industry experience is desired; preferably with CHUBB, a Brokerage Firm, or Competitor.
* Have the ability to set priorities and deliverables for staff.
Essential Job Functions
* Through the analysis of data, identification of tactical and strategic actionable items for Product Lines and Field Operations to pursue new business opportunities.
* Implement customer targeting strategies tailored to specific product lines based on CHUBB's preferred customer characteristics and past performance in targeted product lines.
* Performance diagnostic of key customers over time (e.g., claim/loss frequency) and other associated characteristics (e.g., submission _ quote _ bind conversion rates, key producers, share of preferred vs. standard, etc.)
* Develop analyses of core customers to identify cross- and up-selling opportunities based on past performance by leveraging cross-LOB data integration and broker-provided customer data.
* Identify available and relevant data, including internal and external sources, and leverage new data collection processes where appropriate.
* Evaluate current enterprise data/information landscape. Identify opportunities to address business needs through current and new data sets, BI toolsets, and analytics capabilities.
* Work in iterative processes and provide ongoing validation of findings. Expose the rationale of findings in easy to understand terms. Be able to present findings using hypotheses, discovery, and facts.
Desired experience, both R&D and delivery with software products, programming languages, techniques, and processes:
* Business Intelligence (reporting, dashboards, visualization, etc.)
* Data Mining (structured and unstructured data, outlier analysis, pattern analysis, clustering, etc.)
* Predictive Analytics (statistical analysis, modeling, etc.)
* Data Warehousing (modeling, design, integration, replication, processing, etc.)
Other Basic Qualifications
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to communicate with the business to understand requirements and present back findings and recommendations by demonstrating the potential value to the organization.
* Strong project management skills.
* Ability to synthesize data, uncover inherent trends in the data, make recommendations about associated implications to business performance, & communicate findings & recommendations to a variety of audiences.
* Experience in property & casualty insurance with a focus on identifying, using, and providing business analytics capabilities. Solid understanding of the property & casualty insurance industry (sales & marketing, rating, registration, reinsurance, claim handling, etc.).
* Demonstrable experience in data or statistical analysis, with modeling skills.
* Self-starter. The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
CHUBB offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At CHUBB, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to Chubb, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...