- $80,236.67 -138,780.00/year*
122 Church St
Technical expert to build and manage agile data architecture to serve analysis needs of Westchester Business Analytics team. This role will be responsible for all aspect of data management from defining data models to integrating data into reports, visualizations and dashboards. This includes managing existing data and reporting processes that harness, manipulate, and integrate data into analytics, as well as building the next level of advanced analysis processes and automation enabling more accurate and faster information delivery to support critical business decision making.
Critical factors for success include delivering results while maintaining a detailed focus, ability to take ownership and meet deadlines, being a self-motivated team player coupled with the ability to work independently, identifying issues and developing sound recommendations for remediation, a willingness and desire to continuously build on insurance and product knowledge, and the ability to thrive in fast paced environment.
* Support data management function of Business Analytics team related to recurring and ad-hoc reporting and analysis. This includes utilization of all available data from various systems by data extraction, transformation and loading into analytical applications.
* Using data mining steps, proactively prepare data models that address common business questions and, that measures impact of business initiatives.
* Assemble data from multiple sources including underwriting, claims, actuarial, and product databases to create integrated views that can be easily consumed to drive decision making.
* Work with several large and complex databases, including scripting (e.g., SQL, Netezza, SAS)
* Designing and building reports and analyses in various data analytics tools (e.g., QlikView, Microsoft BI). This includes producing new and ad-hoc reports.
* Identify opportunities to improve data quality, validation, automation, efficiency and overall improvement.
* Explore new data models, software, and algorithms that continue to improve data visualization, presentation and, ease of information delivery to our business partners.
Technical Skills and Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree with focus on Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Programming or other related fields of study.
* Minimum of 5 - 7 years related experience. Preferred experience in Insurance industry with in-depth knowledge of Insurance Financials and Data Applications.
* Strong data management skills with an attention to detail
* Proficiency in end-user applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* Experience with Dashboard tools (e.g. QlikView, QlikSense, Tableau, Haddoop)
* Experience with cubes and relation-based databases (Hyperion, Cognos, Essbase, SQL, SAS, R, AWS)
* Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make solid recommendations
* Ability to adjust quickly to meet business priorities
* Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on the audience
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships with cross functional teams
* Must demonstrate an orientation to results
* Demonstrated integrity and dedication
* Professional attitude, appearance and demeanor
* Experience in Insurance Industry would be a plus
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Associated topics: analyse, analysis, bi, business, financial analyst, forecasting, investment analyst, monitor, refinement, regulation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...