- $90,025.00 -158,170.00/year*
Financial Services - Insurance
122 Church St
Philadelphia Private/NFP Manager
Chubb is seeking a Private/Not for Profit (PNP) Manager to execute growth and underwriting business strategies by implementing established action plans and goals for the Philadelphia branch. This manager will work within the local branch and Financial Lines teams to achieve profitable underwriting results through the growth, development, servicing and underwriting of Private, Not-for-Profit business of all sizes.
The PNP premium for Philadelphia is $27M, which is produced from 80 trading relationships spread around the metro area and southern N.J. The region itself consists of six branches including Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Washington D.C. and Baltimore. The position will have direct management responsibilities for 4 PNP underwriters and it will report to the Mid Atlantic Financial Lines Regional Manager. As a key member of the local leadership team, the Philadelphia PNP manager will also be accountable for helping to drive local cross-sell activities within Financial Lines and beyond.
Profitability and Production:
* Delivers upon the established New and Renewal business goals as exhibited by the Financial Lines Branch plan.
* P&L accountability includes responsibility for premium, profitability, growth, retention and expense plans/results. This may include weekly projections/forecasts as well as business and budget planning produced by the branch, including the USB.
* Ensures profitability through underwriting integrity by meeting all underwriting standards as outlined by Financial Lines Home office and all applicable Underwriting Guidelines, Authorities, Playbooks and Position Papers including:
o Risk Selection
o Pricing & Attachments including Rate Change Goals
o Terms & Conditions
o Manuscript Form & Endorsement processes
o File Construction and documentation
* Partners with Regional Chubb team to enhance producer relationships and results.
* Develops and drives new business including completing target account responsibilities.
* Implements sales management process including business plans for key producers.
* Collaborates with other business units to drive growth and implement cross sell strategies within Financial Lines and across the P&C teams in SCI, CI, and Major.
* Collaborates with USB to maximize efficiency of qualifying business; leverages NBS and online quoting capabilities to enhance efficiency and support new business generation; pursues small Financial Lines business in conjunction with Small Commercial sales reps embedded locally or within the region.
* Represents Financial Lines in the marketplace amongst brokers, customers, competitors and industry organizations; must be able to play a key leadership role accordingly.
* Direct management responsibility for 4 underwriters.
* Recruits, manages, develops, retains and effectively deploys staff.
* Aligns staff resources to adapt to changes.
* Oversees workflows, staffing resources and appropriate application of technology to ensure efficient, cost-effective field operation.
* Supports the development of Underwriting Associates to ensure full utilization of our operating model.
* Ensures completion of all phases of performance management process for staff.
* Minimum of 5-7 Years Underwriting Experience with strong knowledge of Private/NFP products, underwriting, marketing and the competitive environment.
* Prior experience managing people preferred, but not a requirement.
* Knowledge, skills and abilities in revenue generation, staff leadership and producer management.
* Exhibited competencies in communication, collaborating and executing strategy.
* Well-established track record of overseeing a profitable book of business and high level of underwriting expertise.
* Strong presentation skills and effective communication of strategies, goals and plans.
* Influence management and proven ability to balance multiple stakeholder perspectives to achieve business goals.
* Effective engagement and motivation of staff.
* Collaborative partner with the branch, home office, claims, general counsel, marketing and communications, operations and HR.
* Experience with Agency and Broker Relations/ Customer Management.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative officer, asso, associate, front desk, front office, food, operational assistant, records management
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...