- $75,795.00 -125,470.00/year*
122 Church St
Ambitious, dynamic professionals working toward their goals find inspiration in careers with the Chubb. We draw on worldwide talent to create and develop our outstanding and diverse workforce. With our broad range of career opportunities, culture of excellence and remarkable growth potential, we attract professionals with the intellectual firepower and flexibility to respond with creative solutions to the needs of our customers. We're a company that makes things happen and we enjoy working with individuals who thrive on extraordinary projects and remarkable results. As a growing and dynamic force in the Property and Casualty business, our diversified range of products and services is making an impact. Join us and work with a dedicated team in an environment that supports your efforts and rewards you for a job well done. Chubb is dedicated to recruiting and developing talented individuals with the knowledge, ability and desire for success. With our strong capital base, financial stability, diversified earnings stream, and multinational operating platform, we offer an excellent opportunity for your future growth and development. Details of this position follow:
The Data Modeler serves as a key resource in building and executing on Chubb's information strategy. This individual will work with key stakeholders, business partners, and IT counterparts to define requirements, identify source data, assist with detail data designs, analyze and certify data, troubleshoot data issues, and promote data quality. S/he directly supports data integration efforts (within the data warehouse, data marts, ad-hoc queries, and data services) by providing services that ensure Chubb is aligning IT efforts with business information needs.
Essential Job Functions
* Data design of the different layers of a data warehouse environment: landing, staging, preload, warehouse, and marts.
* Experience integrating multiple source systems, particularly in the area of conformance.
* Support delivery strategy through current system analysis, data profiling, data collection, etc. Analyze data to validate business needs, understand gaps, quality concerns, etc.
* Evaluate current enterprise data/information landscape. Identify opportunities to address business needs through current data sets and through the creation of new data sets.
* Work with source data owners to address data needs for Information Management initiatives.
* Utilize data and analytics expertise to deliver high quality information solutions.
* Facilitate discussions and workshops with business to define/confirm/document data/information requirements.
* Create test scenarios to test/validate data design.
* Participate in developing business cases and in seeking governance approval for project level work efforts.
* Provide implementation support as needed.
* Work with large sets of data that require analysis, validation, and cleansing using various tools such as SQL queries, Microsoft Excel, etc.
* Review, document, and resolve data issues with the team.
* Convey problems, solutions, updates, and project status to peers and management.
* Develop and maintain clear and succinct documentation.
* Reconcile multiple data sources.
* Extract data from database using SQL scripts for analysis purposes.
* Provide strong support in cultivating an environment that encourages the use of data to support problem solving, critical thinking, and innovation.
* Understanding the differences among conceptual, contextual, logical, and physical data models.
* 5 years of experience in a data warehousing and business intelligence unit working with business and IT resources to understand and deliver meaningful data to the business.
* Understanding data flow in a data warehouse environment.
* Working knowledge of the ERwin tool set.
* 5 years of experience working with property and casualty insurance data; understands relationships of premium, claims, and reinsurance data. Understands contract, claim, and reinsurance data life cycles.
* Senior level data analysis capabilities (SQL skills essential). Experience with various query tools a plus.
* Strong influencing & partnership skills. Ability to work collaboratively with business and IT counterparts.
* Ability to synthesize data, uncover inherent trends in data, assess impacts of data on business usage, and make recommendations for improvement.
* Experience in business information needs assessments, requirements gathering, and testing.
* Knowledge of core insurance KPIs and various business delivery mechanisms (reports, dashboards, predictive modeling, etc). Ability to use these delivery mechanisms, as needed, to validate results, evaluate data quality, troubleshoot, etc.
* Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills, verbal & written.
* Strong organizational & analytical skills, high attention to detail.
* Ability to multi-task & adapt within a constantly changing environment.
* Self-motivated and innovative with the ability to set direction, manage own work, and effectively obtain results from others.
* Complete understanding of systems and data analysis functions.
* Demonstrated analytical ability in a data intensive and technical environment.
* Ability to interpret and comprehend complex problems.
* Ability to identify and prioritize dependencies.
* Expert knowledge of Excel.
* SQL experience required.
* Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
Chubb offers a competitive salary plus cash bonus, equity opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package including life, health, dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan with a generous company match, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.
Associated topics: data administrator, data analytic, data center, data engineer, data management, data quality, database, etl, hbase, mongo database administrator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...