- Airgas, Inc
- $76,400.00 -112,500.00/year*
223 2nd Ave
Job Title: Cloud Systems Administrator
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 20,000 associates, over 1,200 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations.
Within the Cloud Services (Data Center) team, the Cloud Systems Administrator - Americas, manages and administers public Cloud service solutions.
As such, the Cloud Systems Administrator is responsible for having an advanced understanding of public Cloud industry technology and tools as well as enterprise standards and methodologies.
The Cloud Systems Administrator - Americas administers and deliver solution architectures based on standards that meet the strategic needs of the business in 11 countries within the Americas. This involves working effectively with the Cloud Engineering team, its Architects & Solution experts, Cloud Service Providers, Third-Party consultants and those in the other Air Liquide Hubs (Europe, Middle East/Africa, & Asia). The role will work as part of the Cloud Services Automation and Reliability Team, conducting daily systems administration work, supporting the Cloud environments and works as part of a team of administrators including Vendor and Third Party resources.
The Cloud Systems Administrator is also in charge of developing, extending & maintaining scripts, security configurations, and automation tools to ensure rapid deployment of services in accordance with business needs and company standards.
This role also engages in efforts to support, resolve & document issues that arise in the environment, which may include reviewing designs & recommending improvements to the architecture.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
? Deliver public Cloud architecture, deploy and support Amazon Web Services (AWS) solutions (primary) & Azure (limited / secondary scope) using the best practices of infrastructure as code and DevOps
? Conduct daily technical administrative work to ensure the availability, stability and security of Cloud operation solutions
? Supports the patching and upgrades of applications and operating systems in the environment.
? Collaborate with Cloud experts in the other Air Liquide Hubs to support the Cloud architecture and AWS services roadmap for Americas
? Understand and document the technical requirements for new services or service enhancements
? Advise on technology decisions & provide service implementation estimates
? Review & provide input on proposals from an architectural perspective, including feasibility, practicality, technical viability, consistency & solution costs
? Support the overall architecture design & implementation, ensuring it meets requirements & performance goals
? Identify reusable/preconfigured service components or standard products from the market to leverage & assemble the service/solution
* 3 to 7 years of experience in IT infrastructure in large multinational companies
* In depth knowledge of AWS solutions & 2 to 5 years of experience in deploying AWS solutions in a complex environment (multi-regions, high availability, scalable, )
* Practical programming and scripting experience with relevant technologies such as Python
* Experience in building an AWS landing zone deployment, including security layer
* Demonstrated experience in infrastructure as code (Cloud Formation) to deploy AWS stacks
* Demonstrated experience on Lamba development to automate operations
* Experience in AWS costs optimization
* Knowledge of DevOps & Operations Automation, using Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools
* Strong appetite for the latest Cloud technologies, trends, standards, products, & applicability
* Able to think creatively & exploit opportunities
* Critical thinking & problem solving skills
* Able to simplify & synthesize complex situations with consideration to all elements
* Strong interpersonal & communication skills
* AWS and Azure certifications desired
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other relevant area (or equivalent experience)
* Must be able to travel 20-25%
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick days, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
**Job:** **Information Systems*
**Title:** *Cloud Systems Administrator*
**Requisition ID:** *23958*
Associated topics: administrator, http, ip, maintenance, network administrator, router, scom sccm, system administrator, system center configuration manager, system center operations manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...